James Thurber Quotes and its meanings
James Thurber quotes about Age
James Thurber quotes about Anger
James Thurber quotes about Famous
James Thurber quotes about Fear
James Thurber quotes about Funny
James Thurber quotes about Future
James Thurber quotes about Home
James Thurber quotes about Humor
Humor is a serious thing. I like to think of it as one of our greatest earliest natural resources, which must be preserved at all cost.
The nation that complacently and fearfully allows its artists and writers to become suspected rather than respected is no longer regarded as a nation possessed with humor or depth.
James Thurber quotes about Knowledge
James Thurber quotes about Men
James Thurber quotes about Nature
James Thurber quotes about Smile
James Thurber quotes about Success
James Thurber quotes about Truth
James Thurber quotes about Women
I'm 65 and I guess that puts me in with the geriatrics. But if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be 48. That's the trouble with us. We number everything. Take women, for example. I think they deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of 28 and 40.
James Thurber Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for James Thurber quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does James Thurber write about?
James Thurber has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about age, anger, famous, fear, food, funny, future, home, humor, knowledge, love, men, nature, smile, success, truth, wedding & women. People always share Age quotes, Anger quotes, famous, fear, food, funny, future, home, humor & knowledge from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by James Thurber?
Here are the top most famous quotes by James Thurber.
- Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that can happen to a man.
- Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
- Comedy has to be done en clair. You can't blunt the edge of wit or the point of satire with obscurity. Try to imagine a famous witty saying that is not immediately clear.
- But what is all this fear of and opposition to Oblivion? What is the matter with the soft Darkness, the Dreamless Sleep?
- The most dangerous food is wedding cake.
- Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
- Progress was all right. Only it went on too long.
- The past is an old armchair in the attic, the present an ominous ticking sound, and the future is anybody's guess.
- The appreciative smile, the chuckle, the soundless mirth, so important to the success of comedy, cannot be understood unless one sits among the audience and feels the warmth created by the quality of laughter that the audience takes home with it.
- Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.