Jeremy Taylor Quotes and its meanings
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Alone
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Anger
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Friendship
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Home
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Knowledge
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Learning
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Marriage
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Religion
Jeremy Taylor quotes about Trust
Jeremy Taylor Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for Jeremy Taylor quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does Jeremy Taylor write about?
Jeremy Taylor has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about alone, anger, friendship, home, knowledge, learning, love, marriage, religion & trust. People always share Alone quotes, Anger quotes, friendship, home, knowledge, learning, love, marriage, religion & trust from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by Jeremy Taylor?
Here are the top most famous quotes by Jeremy Taylor.
- A celibate, like the fly in the heart of an apple, dwells in a perpetual sweetness, but sits alone, and is confined and dies in singularity.
- If anger proceeds from a great cause, it turns to fury if from a small cause, it is peevishness and so is always either terrible or ridiculous.
- Love is friendship set on fire.
- Secrecy is the chastity of friendship.
- He that loves not his wife and children feeds a lioness at home, and broods a nest of sorrows.
- It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance, for it requires knowledge to perceive it and, therefore, he that can perceive it hath it not.
- The best theology is rather a divine life than a divine knowledge.
- To be proud of learning is the greatest ignorance.
- Marriage is the mother of the world. It preserves kingdoms, and fills cities and churches, and heaven itself.
- A religion without mystery must be a religion without God.