John Berger Quotes and its meanings
John Berger quotes about Alone
John Berger quotes about Art
John Berger quotes about Best
John Berger quotes about Dreams
John Berger quotes about Experience
John Berger quotes about Imagination
John Berger quotes about Time
John Berger quotes about Travel
John Berger Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for John Berger quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does John Berger write about?
John Berger has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about alone, art, best, dreams, experience, imagination, time & travel. People always share Alone quotes, Art quotes, best, dreams, experience, imagination, time & travel from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by John Berger?
Here are the top most famous quotes by John Berger.
- That we find a crystal or a poppy beautiful means that we are less alone, that we are more deeply inserted into existence than the course of a single life would lead us to believe.
- Autobiography begins with a sense of being alone. It is an orphan form.
- What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time.
- Compassion has no place in the natural order of the world which operates on the basis of necessity. Compassion opposes this order and is therefore best thought of as being in some way supernatural.
- The human imagination... has great difficulty in living strictly within the confines of a materialist practice or philosophy. It dreams, like a dog in its basket, of hares in the open.
- Emigration, forced or chosen, across national frontiers or from village to metropolis, is the quintessential experience of our time.
- Ours is the century of enforced travel of disappearances. The century of people helplessly seeing others, who were close to them, disappear over the horizon.