Robert E. Lee Quotes and its meanings
Robert E. Lee quotes about Best
Robert E. Lee quotes about Education
Robert E. Lee quotes about Failure
Robert E. Lee quotes about God
Robert E. Lee quotes about Good
Robert E. Lee quotes about Hope
Robert E. Lee quotes about Legal
Robert E. Lee quotes about Life
Robert E. Lee quotes about Strength
Robert E. Lee quotes about Trust
Robert E. Lee quotes about War
Robert E. Lee quotes about Wisdom
The war... was an unnecessary condition of affairs, and might have been avoided if forebearance and wisdom had been practiced on both sides.
We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters.
Robert E. Lee Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for Robert E. Lee quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does Robert E. Lee write about?
Robert E. Lee has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about best, education, failure, god, good, hope, legal, life, strength, trust, war & wisdom. People always share Best quotes, Education quotes, failure, god, good, hope, legal, life, strength & trust from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by Robert E. Lee?
Here are the top most famous quotes by Robert E. Lee.
- The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
- The education of a man is never completed until he dies.
- We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing.
- I tremble for my country when I hear of confidence expressed in me. I know too well my weakness, that our only hope is in God.
- Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret.
- Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character.
- In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
- I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.
- It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.
- What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors.