William Congreve Quotes and its meanings
William Congreve quotes about Anger
William Congreve quotes about Beauty
William Congreve quotes about Business
William Congreve quotes about Courage
William Congreve quotes about Education
William Congreve quotes about Fear
William Congreve quotes about Love
William Congreve quotes about Marriage
William Congreve quotes about Music
William Congreve quotes about Wisdom
William Congreve Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for William Congreve quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does William Congreve write about?
William Congreve has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about anger, beauty, business, courage, education, fear, learning, love, marriage, music & wisdom. People always share Anger quotes, Beauty quotes, business, courage, education, fear, learning, love, marriage & music from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by William Congreve?
Here are the top most famous quotes by William Congreve.
- Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
- Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight.
- Beauty is the lover's gift.
- There is in true beauty, as in courage, something which narrow souls cannot dare to admire.
- Come, come, leave business to idlers, and wisdom to fools: they have need of 'em: wit be my faculty, and pleasure my occupation, and let father Time shake his glass.
- 'Tis well enough for a servant to be bred at an University. But the education is a little too pedantic for a gentleman.
- Fear comes from uncertainty. When we are absolutely certain, whether of our worth or worthlessness, we are almost impervious to fear.
- No, I'm no enemy to learning it hurts not me.
- Say what you will, 'tis better to be left than never to have been loved.
- Courtship is to marriage, as a very witty prologue to a very dull play.