Addiction meanings in Urdu
Please find 3 English and definitions related to the word Addiction.
- (noun) : an abnormally strong craving
- (noun) : being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)
- (noun) : (Roman law) a formal award by a magistrate of a thing or person to another person (as the award of a debtor to his creditor); a surrender to a master
More words related to the meanings of Addiction
More words from Urdu related to Addiction
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Addiction meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms related to the meaning of Addiction
What are the meanings of Addiction in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Addiction in Urdu are دھت - dhut, عادت - aadat, علت - illat, لت - lat and نشہ - nashah. To understand how would you translate the word Addiction in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Addiction or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Addiction synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Addiction. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Addiction in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Addiction in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Addiction with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by addiction?
Meanings of addiction are دھت - dhut, عادت - aadat, علت - illat, لت - lat and نشہ - nashah
Whats the definition of addiction?
Definition of the addiction are
- an abnormally strong craving
- being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)
- (Roman law) a formal award by a magistrate of a thing or person to another person (as the award of a debtor to his creditor); a surrender to a master
What is the synonym of addiction?
Synonym of word addiction are jag, habitus, fash, habitability, cause, avaunt, wont, accurse, addictedness, usage
What are the idioms related to addiction?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word addiction.
- Drunk as a lord
- Be a sheet in the wind's eye
- In wine there is truth
- Liquor laws
- To be go on the water wagon
What are the quotes with word addiction?
Here are the quotes with the word addiction in them
- We may think there is willpower involved, but more likely... change is due to want power. Wanting the new addiction more than the old one. Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now. — George A. Sheehan
- Practically every environmental problem we have can be traced to our addiction to fossil fuels, primarily oil. — Dennis Weaver
- A moderate addiction to money may not always be hurtful but when taken in excess it is nearly always bad for the health. — Clarence Day
- I always think I am one of the millions and millions of people that struggles with an addiction to food. I don't know how to relax, that's my problem. — Carnie Wilson