Anchor meanings in Urdu
Anchor meanings in Urdu is لنگر Anchor in Urdu. More meanings of anchor, it's definitions, example sentences, related words, idioms and quotations.
Please find 5 English and definitions related to the word Anchor.
- (noun) : a central cohesive source of support and stability
- (verb) : fix firmly and stably
- (noun) : a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
- (noun) : a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
- (verb) : secure a vessel with an anchor
Stood off and on during the night, determining not to come to anchor till morning, fearing to meet with shoals continued our course in the morning and as the island was found to be six or seven leagues distant, and the tide was against us, it was noon when we arrived there.
More words from Urdu related to Anchor
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Anchor meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idiom related to the meaning of Anchor
What are the meanings of Anchor in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Anchor in Urdu is لنگر - langar. To understand how would you translate the word Anchor in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Anchor or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Anchor synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Anchor. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Anchor in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Anchor in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Anchor with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by anchor?
Meaning of anchor is لنگر - langar
Whats the definition of anchor?
Definition of the anchor are
- a central cohesive source of support and stability
- fix firmly and stably
- a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
- a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
- secure a vessel with an anchor
What is the synonym of anchor?
Synonym of word anchor are alms, anchoress, langure, public kitchen, langrel, cable, anchorless, lungoor, sinker, rope
What are the idioms related to anchor?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word anchor.
- Virtue serves as an anchor
What are the quotes with word anchor?
Here are the quotes with the word anchor in them
- Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives. — Thomas S. Monson
- To act is to anchor in an imminent future, so imminent it becomes almost tangible to act is to feel you are consubstantial with that future. — Emile M. Cioran
- Stood off and on during the night, determining not to come to anchor till morning, fearing to meet with shoals continued our course in the morning and as the island was found to be six or seven leagues distant, and the tide was against us, it was noon when we arrived there. — Christopher Columbus
- I have my ethics and morals. I have my anchor point of what is right and wrong in real life, but I'm not afraid to entertain any and every aspect of personality in relationship to creating a character. — Corin Nemec