Contempt meanings in Urdu
Please find 4 English and definitions related to the word Contempt.
- (noun) : a willful disobedience to or disrespect for the authority of a court or legislative body
- (noun) : a manner that is generally disrespectful and contemptuous
- (noun) : open disrespect for a person or thing
- (noun) : lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike
More words related to the meanings of Contempt
More words from Urdu related to Contempt
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Contempt meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
فلاکتمذاق اڑانادوں ہمتیجھیپناجائز دست اندازیابکائکَمینہ پَنشامتفر و گذاشتآمنا سامنا ہوناکوڑابرائیخلاف ورزی کرنابدنامیتذلیلخفا ہونایا ذلیل حرکتچڑاِستہزاخیال نہ کرنااہانتہتک عزتنندارسوا کرناطعنہ دیناکھڑ کھڑاناان آدرکم اصلیجھینپدست درازیچوکناپَستیگالیپاگلبے عزت کرناپھٹکارناطعنہ زنیقباحتستممذمتبے عزتدنگا کرنامتلیچڑھگالی دیناپس پشت ڈالناسب کے سامنے سبکی کرناآبرو لیناتنقیصخوار کرنا ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Contempt
What are the meanings of Contempt in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Contempt in Urdu are حقارت - heqaarat, ذلت - zillat, توہین - tauhiin, پھٹکار - phitkaar, تحقير, توہين - Toheen and اہانت - ehaanat. To understand how would you translate the word Contempt in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Contempt or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Contempt synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Contempt. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Contempt in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Contempt in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Contempt with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by contempt?
Meanings of contempt are حقارت - heqaarat, ذلت - zillat, توہین - tauhiin, پھٹکار - phitkaar, تحقير, توہين - Toheen and اہانت - ehaanat
Whats the definition of contempt?
Definition of the contempt are
- a willful disobedience to or disrespect for the authority of a court or legislative body
- a manner that is generally disrespectful and contemptuous
- open disrespect for a person or thing
- lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike
What is the synonym of contempt?
Synonym of word contempt are contemptuousness, abashment, defamation, disgracefulness, scorn, abasement, aspersion, demiglace, lash, nausea
What are the idioms related to contempt?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word contempt.
- A nod to the wise and a rod to the foolish
- Kiss the dust
- Save one's self
- Anger makes a rich man hated and a poor man scorned
- He who despises all displeases all
What are the quotes with word contempt?
Here are the quotes with the word contempt in them
- Old age adds to the respect due to virtue, but it takes nothing from the contempt inspired by vice it whitens only the hair. — Ira Gershwin
- Hatred is an affair of the heart contempt that of the head. — Arthur Schopenhauer
- Anger and hate against one we love steels our hearts, but contempt or pity leaves us silent and ashamed. — Edgar Rice Burroghs
- Great art is the contempt of a great man for small art. — F.Scott Fitzgerald