Defy meanings in Urdu
Please find 3 English and definitions related to the word Defy.
- (verb) : challenge
- (verb) : resist or confront with resistance
- (verb) : elude, especially in a baffling way
I have an almost complete disregard of precedent, and a faith in the possibility of something better. It irritates me to be told how things have always been done. I defy the tyranny of precedent. I go for anything new that might improve the past.
More words related to the meanings of Defy
More words from Urdu related to Defy
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Defy meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
مُخالفت کرناحجتمحاربہمبازرت طلبیشور یا غل مچانادھکا لگنامنہ مار دیناریس کرناکلکاریجواب دیناجَنگ کَرناچیخناکنڈلیموازنہ کرنابرابر کرناجھگڑنالڑائ کرناغصہ دلاناعذر کرناچلاناحجت کرنادھیری بولناتنازعفتحمزاحمت کرنابل مقابل راہمخالفت کرناڈکارناچیخ مارنابھڑنامشابہ کرناتکرار کرناکاٹفصلکشتم کشتازور سے چِلّاناحلقہالزام تراشی کرنالولونقیذچَلاہَٹمزاحمت یا مُقابلہ کرناسعی کرناکش مکش کرنالڑائی مانگناتالی بجانالڑناسامنا کرناہم چشمی کرناگننے والا ...
Idiom with the word Defy in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Defy
What are the meanings of Defy in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Defy in Urdu are مقابلہ کرنا - muqaabilah karna and للکارنا - lalkaarna. To understand how would you translate the word Defy in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Defy or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Defy synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Defy. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Defy in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Defy in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Defy with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by defy?
Meanings of defy are مقابلہ کرنا - muqaabilah karna and للکارنا - lalkaarna
Whats the definition of defy?
Definition of the defy are
- resist or confront with resistance
- elude, especially in a baffling way
What is the synonym of defy?
Synonym of word defy are oppugn, compeir, liken, rivalling, contend, rivalizing, conflict, rivalize, compare, rivalising
What are the idioms with the word defy?
Here are the idioms with the word defy in them.
- Feed sparingly and defy the physician
What are the idioms related to defy?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word defy.
- Parallel rulers
- We must make a stand against adverse circumstances
What are the quotes with word defy?
Here are the quotes with the word defy in them
- It is remarkable that this people, though unarmed, dares attack an armed foe the infantry defy the cavalry, and by their activity and courage generally prove victors. — Giraldus Cambrensis
- You must not fear death, my lads defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks. — Napoleon Bonaparte
- I have an almost complete disregard of precedent, and a faith in the possibility of something better. It irritates me to be told how things have always been done. I defy the tyranny of precedent. I go for anything new that might improve the past. — Clara Barton
- It is only in sorrow bad weather masters us in joy we face the storm and defy it. — Amelia Barr