Devour meanings in Urdu
Please find 4 English and definitions related to the word Devour.
- (verb) : destroy completely
- (verb) : eat greedily
- (verb) : enjoy avidly
- (verb) : eat up completely, as with great appetite
They eat the dainty food of famous chefs with the same pleasure with which they devour gross peasant dishes, mostly composed of garlic and tomatoes, or fisherman's octopus and shrimps, fried in heavily scented olive oil on a little deserted beach.
Among the weeds choking out growth and good government are the hundreds of boards, commissions, and advisory committees that have sprouted over the years. They devour time, money, and energy far beyond any real contribution they make.
More words from Urdu related to Devour
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Devour meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
زیادتیگھونٹڈھگ لیناکھاناجذب کرناآگاہناایک گھونٹ کر جاناتھوڑناٹھوسناڈھکوسناگلااڑا ديناہڑپ کرنابھرمار کرناہڑپ کر جاناصرف کرناسیریگپاابابیلبہتاتپیٹ بھر کھاناچکمہ دیناہڑپنابھرمارلقمہچڑیا یا جنس کا کوئی پرندہافراطکورفریب دیناتباہ کرنابھکوسنابھسکناگلے سے اتارناسیر کرناجرعہچٹ کر جاناکھانا پيناخلیج میں ڈالناآنٹناچسکیضائع کرناپریہپاحلقریل پیلہوکے سے کھانادھوکا دینانگلنااجیرنگٹک ...
Idioms with the word Devour in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Devour
What are the meanings of Devour in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Devour in Urdu are چٹ کر جانا - chat kar jaana and نگلنا - nigalna. To understand how would you translate the word Devour in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Devour or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Devour synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Devour. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Devour in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Devour in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Devour with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by devour?
Meanings of devour are چٹ کر جانا - chat kar jaana and نگلنا - nigalna
Whats the definition of devour?
Definition of the devour are
- destroy completely
- eat greedily
- enjoy avidly
- eat up completely, as with great appetite
What is the synonym of devour?
Synonym of word devour are swindle, swallowfish, swallowing, swallowwort, swallowtail, swallow up, swallow shrike, swallow, ingurgitate, gulp down
What are the idioms with the word devour?
Here are the idioms with the word devour in them.
- Death devour lambs as well as sheep
- Make yourself all honey and flies will devour you
- They are as good cats who scare the mice away as those who devour them
What are the idioms related to devour?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word devour.
- Jog away jog off
- Fall off
- Go back
- Go under
- Keep good hour
What are the quotes with word devour?
Here are the quotes with the word devour in them
- They eat the dainty food of famous chefs with the same pleasure with which they devour gross peasant dishes, mostly composed of garlic and tomatoes, or fisherman's octopus and shrimps, fried in heavily scented olive oil on a little deserted beach. — Luigi Barzini
- Among the weeds choking out growth and good government are the hundreds of boards, commissions, and advisory committees that have sprouted over the years. They devour time, money, and energy far beyond any real contribution they make. — Mitch Daniels
- Knowledge is not eating, and we cannot expect to devour and possess what we mean. Knowledge is recognition of something absent it is a salutation, not an embrace. — George Santayana
- Ideas devour the ages as men are devoured by their passions. When man is cured, human nature will cure itself perhaps. — Honore de Balzac