Envy meanings in Urdu
Please find 4 English and 1 Urdu definitions related to the word Envy.
- (noun) : spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- (verb) : be envious of; set one's heart on
- (verb) : feel envious towards; admire enviously
- (noun) : a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another
- کسی دوسرے شخص کی برتری پر تلملاہٹ
I envy people with dreams and passions, but I don't think that way. I still don't have a 'bliss' to follow. For people like me - I suspect that's most people - holding out for a 'dream' or a 'passion' is paralyzing. I just like having work I enjoy that feels meaningful. That's hard enough... but it's enough.
More words related to the meanings of Envy
More words from Urdu related to Envy
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Envy meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
سوختگیخاربے دلی سے دینادَہناکدورتگرم جوشیجھانسنوکری سے نکالنالاگکھٹا پنایرکھاریس کرناکینہ پروری کرناشدید جذبہآگسستی کرناحسد ہوناداغ دیناکپٹحرارتسوزایر کھا کرنادشمنیجلنڈاہہم سری کرناکڑوا پنتب و تابسلگاناحسدآتش زنیداغ لگنابُرائیتپشبخار کی سی حالتکڑاکڑاناعنادپھکنابد گمانیرقابیتحدتگولی چلاناکینہآتش گیریپھونک دینابُرا دِلتپتداغنادریغ کرنابخل ...
Idioms with the word Envy in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Envy
What are the meanings of Envy in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Envy in Urdu are حسد - hasad, جلن - jalan, ڈاہ - daah, حسد کرنا - hasad karna, رشک - rashk and رشک کرنا - rashk karna. To understand how would you translate the word Envy in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Envy or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Envy synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Envy. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Envy in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Envy in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Envy with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by envy?
Meanings of envy are حسد - hasad, جلن - jalan, ڈاہ - daah, حسد کرنا - hasad karna, رشک - rashk and رشک کرنا - rashk karna
Whats the definition of envy?
Definition of the envy are
- spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- be envious of; set one's heart on
- feel envious towards; admire enviously
- a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another
- کسی دوسرے شخص کی برتری پر تلملاہٹ
What is the synonym of envy?
Synonym of word envy are envyned, eburnation, ennation, ignition, jealousies, dah, heart burning, jalousied, spite, burning
What are the idioms with the word envy?
Here are the idioms with the word envy in them.
- All fame is dangerous good brings envy bad shame
- All fame is dangerous; good brings envy bad shame
- But envy is better worth than compassion
- It is the nature of the wretched to be ill disposed and to envy the good
- It is the nature of the wretched to be illdisposed and to envy the good
What are the idioms related to envy?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word envy.
- Emulation is a virtue
- Better be envied than pitied
- Envy does not enter an empty house
- Envy is more irreconcilable than hatred
- Envy never eriched any man
What are the quotes with word envy?
Here are the quotes with the word envy in them
- I envy the sensibility in Europe, appreciating beauty in women as they age. I'm going to go that way. I might dye my gray hair for a bit, but beyond that the buck stops. I'm not having any work done. — Rachel Bilson
- Exploiting people's emotions of fear, envy and anxiety is not hope, it's not change, it's partisanship. We don't need partisanship. We don't need demagoguery, we need solutions. — Paul Ryan
- I envy people with dreams and passions, but I don't think that way. I still don't have a 'bliss' to follow. For people like me - I suspect that's most people - holding out for a 'dream' or a 'passion' is paralyzing. I just like having work I enjoy that feels meaningful. That's hard enough... but it's enough. — Jane Pauley
- Our citizens and those who have gone before us charted the broad outlines of where we need to go, and they would envy our opportunity to translate those dreams into action. And I believe they will judge us very harshly should we fail to act. — Dave Freudenthal