Greed meanings in Urdu
Please find 2 English and definitions related to the word Greed.
- (noun) : reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- (noun) : excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves
More words related to the meanings of Greed
More words from Urdu related to Greed
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Greed meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
ورغلانابَد قُماشدام میں لاناضمیر پرستیاشتہاارمانناخوشنودیآشادھن دیوتالالچتحریصپُر ہوسخواہش کرناہوسحوصلہندیدہ پنہڑکناپھسلاہٹبہکاواترغیب دیناخواہشچاٹارادہ رکھناناپَسَندِ خاطَرنادیدہ پنکنجُوسیطمعبہکاؤاشتیاقمرادبے سنتوکھیجذبہلگیدھناغواچارہ لگانامطلبناراضپرواہعَدمِ تَسکینبہلاواگُمراہیلوبھ یا طمع سےبازاری پنہڑکدر خواستناخوشیمقصدکیچڑکبیر ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Greed
What are the meanings of Greed in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Greed in Urdu are لالچ - laalach, طمع - tama, آز - aaz, حرص - hirs and ہوکا - hauka. To understand how would you translate the word Greed in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Greed or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Greed synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Greed. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Greed in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Greed in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Greed with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by greed?
Meanings of greed are لالچ - laalach, طمع - tama, آز - aaz, حرص - hirs and ہوکا - hauka
Whats the definition of greed?
Definition of the greed are
- reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves
What is the synonym of greed?
Synonym of word greed are lucrativeness, loring, cupidity, miserliness, lavishness, voracity, lenition, avariciously, greediness, lallation
What are the idioms related to greed?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word greed.
- A covetous man does nothing that he should till he dies
- Covetousness is generally incurable
- Lust for life
- The love of money grows as the money grows
- The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by coveting more
What are the quotes with word greed?
Here are the quotes with the word greed in them
- Do not follow vain desires for verily he who prospers is preserved from lust, greed and anger. — Abu Bakr
- Up until the Depression, recession had a moral character: it was supposed to purge the body economic of the greed and excess that attends a business expansion. — James Buchan
- If we go on the way we have, the fault is our greed and if we are not willing to change, we will disappear from the face of the globe, to be replaced by the insect. — Jacques Yves Cousteau
- Looking so cool, his greed is hard to conceal, he's fresh out of law school, you gave him a license to steal. — Al Stewart