Idiom meanings in Urdu
Please find 4 English and definitions related to the word Idiom.
- (noun) : the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people
- (noun) : an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up
- (noun) : the style of a particular artist or school or movement
- (noun) : a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language
More words related to the meanings of Idiom
More words from Urdu related to Idiom
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Idiom meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
What are the meanings of Idiom in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Idiom in Urdu are محاورہ - mohaawirah and اصطلاح - istelaah. To understand how would you translate the word Idiom in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Idiom or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Idiom synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Idiom. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Idiom in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Idiom in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Idiom with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by idiom?
Meanings of idiom are محاورہ - mohaawirah and اصطلاح - istelaah
Whats the definition of idiom?
Definition of the idiom are
- the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people
- an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up
- the style of a particular artist or school or movement
- a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language
What is the synonym of idiom?
Synonym of word idiom are preverbal, parlance, preverb, idiotism, idiophone, dialect, idiolectal, idiographs, idiograph, idiomatical
What are the quotes with word idiom?
Here is the quote with the word idiom in them
- You have a political and media elite who have an idiom by which they describe politics. It's highly, highly polarised. It's right, left, red, blue, up, down, victorious, crushed. — Nick Clegg