Maxim meanings in Urdu
Please find 2 English and definitions related to the word Maxim.
- (noun) : English inventor (born in the United States) who invented the Maxim gun that was used in World War I (1840-1916)
- (noun) : a saying that is widely accepted on its own merits
Many politicians are in the habit of laying it down as a self-evident proposition that no people ought to be free till they are fit to use their freedom. The maxim is worthy of the fool in the old story who resolved not to go into the water till he had learned to swim.
More words related to the meanings of Maxim
More words from Urdu related to Maxim
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Maxim meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms related to the meaning of Maxim
What are the meanings of Maxim in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Maxim in Urdu are قاعدہ - qaaedah, کہاوت - kahaawat, حکمت - hikmat, قول - qaul, مسئلہ - mas alah, مسالہ - mas alah, مقولہ - maqoolah, گر - gur and اصول - usuul. To understand how would you translate the word Maxim in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Maxim or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Maxim synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Maxim. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Maxim in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Maxim in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Maxim with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by maxim?
Meanings of maxim are قاعدہ - qaaedah, کہاوت - kahaawat, حکمت - hikmat, قول - qaul, مسئلہ - mas alah, مسالہ - mas alah, مقولہ - maqoolah, گر - gur and اصول - usuul
Whats the definition of maxim?
Definition of the maxim are
- English inventor (born in the United States) who invented the Maxim gun that was used in World War I (1840-1916)
- a saying that is widely accepted on its own merits
What is the synonym of maxim?
Synonym of word maxim are regulation, motto, wiseness, avowal, doctrine, spicery, word, apothegm, wisdom, affirmation
What are the idioms related to maxim?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word maxim.
- Excess in nothing this i regard as a principal of the highest value in life
- Honesty is the best policy
- There is no proverb which is not true
- Crazy pavement
- Far between
What are the quotes with word maxim?
Here are the quotes with the word maxim in them
- Let us be true: this is the highest maxim of art and of life, the secret of eloquence and of virtue, and of all moral authority. — Henri Frederic Amiel
- Many politicians are in the habit of laying it down as a self-evident proposition that no people ought to be free till they are fit to use their freedom. The maxim is worthy of the fool in the old story who resolved not to go into the water till he had learned to swim. — Thomas B.Macaulay
- It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves. — Robert Louis Stevenson
- The voice of the people has been said to be the voice of God and, however generally this maxim has been quoted and believed, it is not true to fact. The people are turbulent and changing, they seldom judge or determine right. — Alexander Hamilton