Metaphor meanings in Urdu
Please find 1 English and definitions related to the word Metaphor.
- (noun) : a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity
I discovered that the horse is life itself, a metaphor but also an example of life's mystery and unpredictability, of life's generosity and beauty, a worthy object of repeated and ever changing contemplation.
More words related to the meanings of Metaphor
More words from Urdu related to Metaphor
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Metaphor meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms related to the meaning of Metaphor
What are the meanings of Metaphor in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Metaphor in Urdu are مجاز - majaaz, مثال - misaal, کنایہ - kinaayah and استعارہ - isteaarah. To understand how would you translate the word Metaphor in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Metaphor or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Metaphor synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Metaphor. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Metaphor in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Metaphor in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Metaphor with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by metaphor?
Meanings of metaphor are مجاز - majaaz, مثال - misaal, کنایہ - kinaayah and استعارہ - isteaarah
Whats the definition of metaphor?
Definition of the metaphor are
- a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity
What is the synonym of metaphor?
Synonym of word metaphor are acclimating, precedent, insinuation, acclimatable, pattern, innuendo, parable, hint, convulsant, model
What are the idioms related to metaphor?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word metaphor.
- A piece of
- To give instance of
- To set a good example
- Tread in the footsteps
- Turn about
What are the quotes with word metaphor?
Here are the quotes with the word metaphor in them
- I discovered that the horse is life itself, a metaphor but also an example of life's mystery and unpredictability, of life's generosity and beauty, a worthy object of repeated and ever changing contemplation. — Jane Smiley
- We often attribute 'understanding' and other cognitive predicates by metaphor and analogy to cars, adding machines, and other artifacts, but nothing is proved by such attributions. — John Searle
- I heard my name associated with the Peter Pan syndrome more than once. But really, what's so wrong with Peter Pan? Peter Pan flies. He is a metaphor for dreams and faith. — Mark Burnett
- A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas - a place where history comes to life. — Norman Cousins