Scourge meanings in Urdu
Please find 6 English and definitions related to the word Scourge.
- (verb) : whip
- (noun) : a person who inspires fear or dread
- (noun) : something causing misery or death
- (verb) : cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly
- (noun) : a whip used to inflict punishment (often used for pedantic humor)
- (verb) : punish severely; excoriate
The dual scourge of hunger and malnutrition will be truly vanquished not only when granaries are full, but also when people's basic health needs are met and women are given their rightful role in societies.
More words from Urdu related to Scourge
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Scourge meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms related to the meaning of Scourge
What are the meanings of Scourge in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Scourge in Urdu are بلا - balla and چابک - chaabuk. To understand how would you translate the word Scourge in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Scourge or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Scourge synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Scourge. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Scourge in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Scourge in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Scourge with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by scourge?
Meanings of scourge are بلا - balla and چابک - chaabuk
Whats the definition of scourge?
Definition of the scourge are
- a person who inspires fear or dread
- something causing misery or death
- cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly
- a whip used to inflict punishment (often used for pedantic humor)
- punish severely; excoriate
What is the synonym of scourge?
Synonym of word scourge are nuisance, menace, insignia, distress, cat, calamity, bat, misfortune, mischance, misadventure
What are the idioms related to scourge?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word scourge.
- Avarice is a big vice
- Care killed the cat
- Folly grows without watering
- He that lives without account lives to shame
- Necessity makes man mad
What are the quotes with word scourge?
Here are the quotes with the word scourge in them
- It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it. — Aung San Suu Kyi
- The dual scourge of hunger and malnutrition will be truly vanquished not only when granaries are full, but also when people's basic health needs are met and women are given their rightful role in societies. — Gro Harlem Brundtland
- I am extremely proud of my service with the government and my efforts to help safeguard public health and protect our country against the scourge of offensive biological warfare. — Steven Hatfill
- War is the greatest plague that can afflict humanity, it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it. — Martin Luther