Shorten meanings in Urdu
Please find 5 English and definitions related to the word Shorten.
- (verb) : reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
- (verb) : edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate
- (verb) : become short or shorter
- (verb) : make short or shorter
- (verb) : make shorter than originally intended; reduce or retrench in length or duration
In approaching our subject it will be best, without attempting to shorten the path by referring to famous theories of the drama, to start directly from the facts, and to collect from them gradually an idea of Shakespearean Tragedy.
More words related to the meanings of Shorten
More words from Urdu related to Shorten
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Shorten meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
چاہہلکا کرنامحتاج ہوناجھرناواجبیناس یا ویران کرنااعتدال پر آناگھٹاناسکیڑنالواسمٹنااتارنامانگناسکون حاصل ہوناضائع کرنااسرافسنبھالناچھوٹا کرناگھاٹاخاموش کرناروک دینازوال پاناکوتاہیدل بہلاناقاصر ہوناپامال کرنامعتدل کرنااللے تللےافراط سےروکناکم ہوناپچکناسلویٰچھوٹا ہونازخمی کرناضرورتکم کرکے دکھانانقصانبے چراغاعتدال پسندکم کرناتھوڑا ہو جانانرماناپاجامہچاند کا گھٹاؤںقلتتسکین کی قوتمانگکھسنابٹھاناخلاصہ کرنا ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Shorten
What are the meanings of Shorten in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Shorten in Urdu are کم ہونا - kam hona, گھٹنا - ghatna, چھوٹا کرنا - chhota karna, مختصر کرنا - mukhtasar karna and گھٹا دینا - ghata deyna. To understand how would you translate the word Shorten in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Shorten or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Shorten synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Shorten. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Shorten in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Shorten in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Shorten with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by shorten?
Meanings of shorten are کم ہونا - kam hona, گھٹنا - ghatna, چھوٹا کرنا - chhota karna, مختصر کرنا - mukhtasar karna and گھٹا دینا - ghata deyna
Whats the definition of shorten?
Definition of the shorten are
- reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
- edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate
- become short or shorter
- make short or shorter
- make shorter than originally intended; reduce or retrench in length or duration
What is the synonym of shorten?
Synonym of word shorten are decreaseless, wane, moderate, lessens, dwindle, dimble, knee, knack kneed, sparseness, hose
What are the idioms related to shorten?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word shorten.
- Abandon oneself
- Lack of interest
- Fall among fall away
- Fall short
- Hand and glove
What are the quotes with word shorten?
Here are the quotes with the word shorten in them
- I'm not really a fashion designer. I just love clothes. I've never been to design school. I can't sketch. I can't cut patterns and things. I can shorten things. I can make a dress out of a scarf. — Kate Moss
- In approaching our subject it will be best, without attempting to shorten the path by referring to famous theories of the drama, to start directly from the facts, and to collect from them gradually an idea of Shakespearean Tragedy. — Andrew Coyle Bradley
- It is the work of fancy to enlarge, but of judgment to shorten and contract and therefore this must be as far above the other as judgment is a greater and nobler faculty than fancy or imagination. — Robert South
- I don't believe medical discoveries are doing much to advance human life. As fast as we create ways to extend it we are inventing ways to shorten it. — Christiaan Barnard