Gardhi - گڑھی meanings in English
Gardhi - گڑھی Definitions
Please find 6 English and definitions related to the word Gardhi - گڑھی.
- (noun) : interchanging the positions of the king and a rook
- (noun) : a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- (noun) : (chess) the piece that can move any number of unoccupied squares in a direction parallel to the sides of the chessboard
- (noun) : a large and stately mansion
- (verb) : move the king two squares toward a rook and in the same move the rook to the square next past the king
- (noun) : an impressive country house (or castle) in France
More words from English related to Gardhi - گڑھی
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Gardhi - گڑھی meanings in English in English.
Idiom with the word Gardhi - گڑھی in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Gardhi - گڑھی
What are the meanings of Gardhi - گڑھی in English?
Meanings of the word Gardhi - گڑھی in English are castle and chateau. To understand how would you translate the word Gardhi - گڑھی in English, you can take help from words closely related to Gardhi - گڑھی or it’s English translations. Some of these words can also be considered Gardhi - گڑھی synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Gardhi - گڑھی. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Gardhi - گڑھی in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Gardhi - گڑھی in English as possible so you could understand its correct Urdu to English translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Gardhi - گڑھی with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by گڑھی?
Meanings of گڑھی are castle and chateau
Whats the definition of گڑھی?
Definition of the گڑھی are
- interchanging the positions of the king and a rook
- a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- (chess) the piece that can move any number of unoccupied squares in a direction parallel to the sides of the chessboard
- a large and stately mansion
- move the king two squares toward a rook and in the same move the rook to the square next past the king
- an impressive country house (or castle) in France
What is the synonym of گڑھی?
Synonym of word گڑھی are کوٹ, کوٹلا, گڑھی, بالاحصار, گڑھ, قلعہ, قِلَعہ, کوٹلہ, محل
What are the idioms with the word گڑھی?
Here are the idioms with the word گڑھی in them.
- Many learn more than their teachers
What are the idioms related to گڑھی?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word گڑھی.
- A man's house is his castle
- An ass loaded with gold climbs to the top of the castle
- Fair wife and a frontier castle breed troubles
- To carry coals to new castle