Shams - شمس meanings in English
Shams - شمس Definitions
Please find 8 English and definitions related to the word Shams - شمس.
- (noun) : a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
- (noun) : the rays of the sun
- (noun) : first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
- (verb) : expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun
- (verb) : expose one's body to the sun
- (noun) : the star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system
- (noun) : any star around which a planetary system revolves
- (noun) : someone who can be employed as a detective to collect information
More words from English related to Shams - شمس
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Shams - شمس meanings in English in English.
Idioms related to the meaning of Shams - شمس
What are the meanings of Shams - شمس in English?
Meanings of the word Shams - شمس in English are sun, shamus and shams. To understand how would you translate the word Shams - شمس in English, you can take help from words closely related to Shams - شمس or it’s English translations. Some of these words can also be considered Shams - شمس synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Shams - شمس. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Shams - شمس in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Shams - شمس in English as possible so you could understand its correct Urdu to English translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Shams - شمس with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by shams?
Meanings of shams are sun, shamus and shams
Whats the definition of shams?
Definition of the shams are
- a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
- the rays of the sun
- first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
- expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun
- expose one's body to the sun
- the star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system
- any star around which a planetary system revolves
- someone who can be employed as a detective to collect information
What is the synonym of shams?
Synonym of word shams are مہر, سورج, نیر, سُورج, شمس, آفتاب, دھوپ, سراج, خاور, خرشید
What are the idioms related to shams?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word shams.
- Sun and sun
- Although the sun shine leave not thy cloak at home
- Death and the sun are not to be looked on with a steady eye
- Do not argue against the sun
- Every light is not the sun