John Irving Quotes and its meanings
John Irving quotes about Age
John Irving quotes about Alone
John Irving quotes about Architecture
John Irving quotes about Business
John Irving quotes about Courage
John Irving quotes about Imagination
John Irving quotes about Legal
John Irving quotes about Sympathy
John Irving Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for John Irving quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does John Irving write about?
John Irving has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about age, alone, architecture, business, courage, imagination, legal & sympathy. People always share Age quotes, Alone quotes, architecture, business, courage, imagination, legal & sympathy from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by John Irving?
Here are the top most famous quotes by John Irving.
- I think the sport of wrestling, which I became involved with at the age of 14... I competed until I was 34, kind of old for a contact sport. I coached the sport until I was 47. I think the discipline of wrestling has given me the discipline I have to write.
- And I find - I'm 63, and my capacity to be by myself and just spend time by myself hasn't diminished any. That's the necessary part of being a writer, you better like being alone.
- The building of the architecture of a novel - the craft of it - is something I never tire of.
- I have pretty thick skin, and I think if you're going to be in this business, if you're going to be an actor or a writer, you better have a thick skin.
- If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it.
- I suppose I'm proudest of my novels for what's imagined in them. I think the world of my imagination is a richer and more interesting place than my personal biography.
- You can't learn everything you need to know legally.
- I take people very seriously. People are all I take seriously, in fact. Therefore, I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave - and nothing but laughter to console them with.