Paul Theroux Quotes and its meanings
Paul Theroux quotes about Alone
Paul Theroux quotes about Business
Paul Theroux quotes about Dad
Paul Theroux quotes about Death
Paul Theroux quotes about Food
Paul Theroux quotes about Friendship
Paul Theroux quotes about Home
Paul Theroux quotes about Hope
Paul Theroux quotes about Peace
When I was in the Peace Corps I never made a phone call. I was in Central Africa I didn't make a phone call for two years. I was in Uganda for another four years and I didn't make a phone call. So for six years I didn't make a phone call, but I wrote letters, I wrote short stories, I wrote books.
Paul Theroux quotes about Travel
You define a good flight by negatives: you didn't get hijacked, you didn't crash, you didn't throw up, you weren't late, you weren't nauseated by the food. So you are grateful.
Paul Theroux Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for Paul Theroux quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does Paul Theroux write about?
Paul Theroux has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about alone, business, dad, death, food, friendship, home, hope, peace & travel. People always share Alone quotes, Business quotes, dad, death, food, friendship, home, hope, peace & travel from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by Paul Theroux?
Here are the top most famous quotes by Paul Theroux.
- It's only when you're alone that you realize where you are. You have nothing to fall back on except your own resources.
- The people of Hong Kong are criticized for only being interested in business, but it's the only thing they've been allowed to do.
- When I started writing, I did have some idealised notion of my dad as a writer. But I have less and less of a literary rivalry with him as I've gone on. I certainly don't feel I need his approval, although maybe that's because I'm confident that I've got it.
- Death is an endless night so awful to contemplate that it can make us love life and value it with such passion that it may be the ultimate cause of all joy and all art.
- You define a good flight by negatives: you didn't get hijacked, you didn't crash, you didn't throw up, you weren't late, you weren't nauseated by the food. So you are grateful.
- Friendship is also about liking a person for their failings, their weakness. It's also about mutual help, not about exploitation.
- If you're a misanthrope you stay at home. There are certain writers who really don't like other people. I'm not like that, I don't think.
- When I began to make some money, I really wanted to have a home.
- The moment that changed me for ever was the moment my first child was born. I was happy, filled with hope, and thought, 'Now I understand the whole point of work, of life, of love.'
- The Peace Corps is a sort of Howard Johnson's on the main drag into maturity.