T.S.Eliot Quotes and its meanings
T.S.Eliot quotes about Age
T.S.Eliot quotes about Art
T.S.Eliot quotes about Best
T.S.Eliot quotes about Business
T.S.Eliot quotes about Christmas
T.S.Eliot quotes about Communication
T.S.Eliot quotes about Death
T.S.Eliot quotes about Experience
T.S.Eliot quotes about Faith
T.S.Eliot quotes about Fear
T.S.Eliot quotes about Good
T.S.Eliot quotes about Graduation
T.S.Eliot quotes about Home
T.S.Eliot quotes about Hope
T.S.Eliot quotes about Intelligence
T.S.Eliot quotes about Knowledge
Knowledge is invariably a matter of degree: you cannot put your finger upon even the simplest datum and say this we know.
Where is the Life we have lost in living? Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
T.S.Eliot quotes about Life
T.S.Eliot quotes about Love
T.S.Eliot quotes about Music
T.S.Eliot quotes about Poetry
The business of the poet is not to find new emotions, but to use the ordinary ones and, in working them up into poetry, to express feelings which are not in actual emotions at all.
Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.
T.S.Eliot quotes about Politics
T.S.Eliot quotes about Religion
T.S.Eliot quotes about Respect
T.S.Eliot quotes about Time
A play should give you something to think about. When I see a play and understand it the first time, then I know it can't be much good.
Poetry may make us from time to time a little more aware of the deeper, unnamed feelings which form the substratum of our being, to which we rarely penetrate for our lives are mostly a constant evasion of ourselves.
As things are, and as fundamentally they must always be, poetry is not a career, but a mug's game. No honest poet can ever feel quite sure of the permanent value of what he has written: He may have wasted his time and messed up his life for nothing.
T.S.Eliot quotes about Wisdom
T.S.Eliot quotes about Work
T.S.Eliot Quotes Index
We have also created a dictionary word index for T.S.Eliot quotes. Click here to view the complete index.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does T.S.Eliot write about?
T.S.Eliot has written on many topics but he is most famous for his work about age, art, best, business, christmas, communication, death, experience, faith, fear, good, graduation, home, hope, intelligence, knowledge, life, love, music, poetry, politics, religion, respect, time, wisdom & work. People always share Age quotes, Art quotes, best, business, christmas, communication, death, experience, faith & fear from his literary works.
What are the top most famous quotes by T.S.Eliot?
Here are the top most famous quotes by T.S.Eliot.
- I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates.
- Art never improves, but... the material of art is never quite the same.
- All significant truths are private truths. As they become public they cease to become truths they become facts, or at best, part of the public character or at worst, catchwords.
- Business today consists in persuading crowds.
- The business of the poet is not to find new emotions, but to use the ordinary ones and, in working them up into poetry, to express feelings which are not in actual emotions at all.
- Moving between the legs of tables and of chairs, rising or falling, grasping at kisses and toys, advancing boldly, sudden to take alarm, retreating to the corner of arm and knee, eager to be reassured, taking pleasure in the fragrant brilliance of the Christmas tree.
- The communication of the dead is tongued with fire beyond the language of the living.
- I had seen birth and death but had thought they were different.
- Every experience is a paradox in that it means to be absolute, and yet is relative in that it somehow always goes beyond itself and yet never escapes itself.
- For love would be love of the wrong thing there is yet faith, But the faith and the love and the hope are all in the waiting.