Jail meanings in Urdu
Please find 2 English and definitions related to the word Jail.
- (noun) : a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
- (verb) : lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
I've never stabbed, hurt, killed, stolen, anything, but I went to jail for a year. What is that? My pastor said to me the fact that I'm not living under a bridge as a crazy woman, talking to myself, is amazing.
More words from Urdu related to Jail
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Jail meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
What are the meanings of Jail in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Jail in Urdu are محبس - mahbas, زنداں - zindaan and قید خانہ - qaed khaanah. To understand how would you translate the word Jail in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Jail or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Jail synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Jail. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Jail in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Jail in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Jail with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by jail?
Meanings of jail are محبس - mahbas, زنداں - zindaan and قید خانہ - qaed khaanah
Whats the definition of jail?
Definition of the jail are
- a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
- lock up or confine, in or as in a jail
What is the synonym of jail?
Synonym of word jail are prison, dungeon, gaol, quod, slammer, kitty, coop, limbo
What are the quotes with word jail?
Here are the quotes with the word jail in them
- I've never stabbed, hurt, killed, stolen, anything, but I went to jail for a year. What is that? My pastor said to me the fact that I'm not living under a bridge as a crazy woman, talking to myself, is amazing. — Foxy Brown
- The beauty, the poetry of the fear in their eyes. I didn't mind going to jail for, what, five, six hours? It was absolutely worth it. — Johnny Depp
- What I learned in jail is that I can't change. I can't live a different lifestyle-this is it. This is the life that they gave and this is the life that I made. — Tupac Shakur
- I think I had kind of an advantage. When I was growing up, my dad had just got out of jail and he had a great record collection. He had - it was all - these were the songs. So I heard a lot of these songs, like, my whole life, so for me it was easy. I already knew what I was going to sing. — Chris Isaak