Folly meanings in Urdu
Please find 4 English and definitions related to the word Folly.
- (noun) : the quality of being rash and foolish
- (noun) : foolish or senseless behavior
- (noun) : the trait of acting stupidly or rashly
- (noun) : a stupid mistake
It is folly for an eminent man to think of escaping censure, and a weakness to be affected with it. All the illustrious persons of antiquity, and indeed of every age in the world, have passed through this fiery persecution.
We have become a society that can't self-correct, that can't address its obvious problems, that can't pull out of its nosedive. And so to our list of disasters let us add this fourth entry: we have entered an age of folly that - for all our Facebooking and the twittling tweedle-dee-tweets of the twitterati - we can't wake up from.
More words related to the meanings of Folly
More words from Urdu related to Folly
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Folly meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
خبطلاعلمیلغویتناسمجھیجنونبے تمیزیبیوقوفیجہلبد حواسیبے خبریوحشتسستیالو پنواہیاتخیالپوچ حرکتجہالتبے وقوفیڈھیلا پنمورکھ پنبے عقلیرویہبیہودگیاگیانبے حواسیلچر پنسودااحمقانہ حرکتپاگل پنعدم واقفیتمہملیتجاہلیتدیوانگیعشقحمقاناڑی پنوارفتگیمسخرہ پنناواقفیتدیوانہ پنبے حسیاوت پننامعقولیترائےحماقتمورکھتائیبیہوشینادانیناعقلیتگنوار پن
Idioms with the word Folly in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Folly
What are the meanings of Folly in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Folly in Urdu are نادانی - naa daani, حماقت - hemaaqat and بے عقلی - bey aqli. To understand how would you translate the word Folly in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Folly or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Folly synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Folly. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Folly in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Folly in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Folly with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by folly?
Meanings of folly are نادانی - naa daani, حماقت - hemaaqat and بے عقلی - bey aqli
Whats the definition of folly?
Definition of the folly are
- the quality of being rash and foolish
- foolish or senseless behavior
- the trait of acting stupidly or rashly
- a stupid mistake
What is the synonym of folly?
Synonym of word folly are senselessness, ignorance, stuntness, stoicity, eruditeness, torpor, madness, infatuation, indiscretion, stupidity
What are the idioms with the word folly?
Here are the idioms with the word folly in them.
- A man's folly ought to be his greatest secret
- Beauty and folly are often companion
- It is folly to fret grief's no comfort
- It is folly to fret; grief's no comfort
- It is folly to live in rome and strive with the pope
What are the idioms related to folly?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word folly.
- It is foolish to fear what cannot be avoided
- Draw not thy bow before the arrow be fixed
- Learning makes the wise wiser but the fool more foolish
- Young folkilly folk old folk cold folk
What are the quotes with word folly?
Here are the quotes with the word folly in them
- Childhood: the period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth - two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age. — Ambrose Bierce
- It is folly for an eminent man to think of escaping censure, and a weakness to be affected with it. All the illustrious persons of antiquity, and indeed of every age in the world, have passed through this fiery persecution. — Joseph Addison
- We have become a society that can't self-correct, that can't address its obvious problems, that can't pull out of its nosedive. And so to our list of disasters let us add this fourth entry: we have entered an age of folly that - for all our Facebooking and the twittling tweedle-dee-tweets of the twitterati - we can't wake up from. — Thomas Frank
- It is great folly to wish to be wise all alone. — Francois de La Rochefoucauld