Conceit meanings in Urdu
Please find 5 English and definitions related to the word Conceit.
- (noun) : feelings of excessive pride
- (noun) : an artistic device or effect
- (noun) : a witty or ingenious turn of phrase
- (noun) : an elaborate poetic image or a far-fetched comparison of very dissimilar things
- (noun) : the trait of being unduly vain and conceited; false pride
You have a good many little gifts and virtues, but there is no need of parading them, for conceit spoils the finest genius. There is not much danger that real talent or goodness will be overlooked long, and the great charm of all power is modesty.
More words related to the meanings of Conceit
More words from Urdu related to Conceit
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Conceit meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
ناز و نخراقلبسرگروہموڑہیانخرہمحویت بالذاتسختیجھالمرکبخود رائےناز و اداغرورلہریں اٹھانامائل ہونامن کی موجامنگاینٹھبل بوتااہنکارمضبوط کرنامعذوریشوقسنگدلیمیٹھی باتیںرہ ورتن پھنخطر ناک طریقہدھکاجھکولے لیناعشوہ گریشعورذاتباطنلوہخود غرضیسرکشیلہرگھوڑاتلون مزاجیسر پھوڑ ڈالناوسواسخاطرگمانکج دُھراجیچوچلاتشددخود فروشینس ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Conceit
What are the meanings of Conceit in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Conceit in Urdu are ترنگ - tarang, گھمنڈ - ghamand, خودی - khudi, خُودبینی - Khudbeeni, ناز - naaz, اکڑ - akar and دماغ - dimaagh. To understand how would you translate the word Conceit in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Conceit or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Conceit synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Conceit. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Conceit in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Conceit in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Conceit with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by conceit?
Meanings of conceit are ترنگ - tarang, گھمنڈ - ghamand, خودی - khudi, خُودبینی - Khudbeeni, ناز - naaz, اکڑ - akar and دماغ - dimaagh
Whats the definition of conceit?
Definition of the conceit are
- feelings of excessive pride
- an artistic device or effect
- a witty or ingenious turn of phrase
- an elaborate poetic image or a far-fetched comparison of very dissimilar things
- the trait of being unduly vain and conceited; false pride
What is the synonym of conceit?
Synonym of word conceit are vagary, hubris, ego, haughtier, horse, imperiousness, egoism, haugh, emotion, airs
What are the idioms related to conceit?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word conceit.
- Pride feels no cold
- A crowd of books distracts the mind
- A sound mind in a sound body
- Bodily labour earns not much
- Business and action strengthen the brain but much study weaknes it
What are the quotes with word conceit?
Here are the quotes with the word conceit in them
- Frivolity is inborn, conceit acquired by education. — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. — John Wooden
- You have a good many little gifts and virtues, but there is no need of parading them, for conceit spoils the finest genius. There is not much danger that real talent or goodness will be overlooked long, and the great charm of all power is modesty. — Louisa May Alcott
- Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow. Calm self-confidence is as far from conceit as the desire to earn a decent living is remote from greed. — Channing Pollock