Famine meanings in Urdu
Please find 2 English and definitions related to the word Famine.
- (noun) : a severe shortage of food (as through crop failure) resulting in violent hunger and starvation and death
- (noun) : an acute insufficiency
Let's face it - think of Africa, and the first images that come to mind are of war, poverty, famine and flies. How many of us really know anything at all about the truly great ancient African civilizations, which in their day, were just as splendid and glorious as any on the face of the earth?
More words related to the meanings of Famine
More words from Urdu related to Famine
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Famine meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms related to the meaning of Famine
What are the meanings of Famine in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Famine in Urdu are سوکھا - suukha, قلت - qillat, کال - kaal, قحط سالی - qahet Saali, قحط - qahet, گرانی - giraani, خشک سالی and اکال - Akaal. To understand how would you translate the word Famine in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Famine or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Famine synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Famine. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Famine in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Famine in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Famine with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by famine?
Meanings of famine are سوکھا - suukha, قلت - qillat, کال - kaal, قحط سالی - qahet Saali, قحط - qahet, گرانی - giraani, خشک سالی and اکال - Akaal
Whats the definition of famine?
Definition of the famine are
- a severe shortage of food (as through crop failure) resulting in violent hunger and starvation and death
- an acute insufficiency
What is the synonym of famine?
Synonym of word famine are shrivelled, deficiency, death, parched, drought, dearth, lank, droughtiness, want, tense
What are the idioms related to famine?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word famine.
- Hunger find no fault with the cook
- Of soup and love the first is the best
- Fall short
- Go without
- In low water
What are the quotes with word famine?
Here are the quotes with the word famine in them
- They can rule the world while they can persuade us our pain belongs in some order is death by famine worse than death by suicide, than a life of famine and suicide...? — Adrienne Rich
- Let's face it - think of Africa, and the first images that come to mind are of war, poverty, famine and flies. How many of us really know anything at all about the truly great ancient African civilizations, which in their day, were just as splendid and glorious as any on the face of the earth? — Henry Louis Gates
- The year 2008 was a reminder to those who had forgotten that there is such a thing as history and that the cycle of famine and feast in commerce, first identified in antiquity and well understood in the Middle Ages, was not suddenly abolished in modern times. — James Buchan