Covetousness meanings in Urdu
Please find 3 English and definitions related to the word Covetousness.
- (noun) : extreme greed for material wealth
- (noun) : reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- (noun) : an envious eagerness to possess something
More words related to the meanings of Covetousness
More words from Urdu related to Covetousness
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Covetousness meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms with the word Covetousness in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Covetousness
What are the meanings of Covetousness in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Covetousness in Urdu are لالچ - laalach, حرص - hirs and طمع - tama. To understand how would you translate the word Covetousness in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Covetousness or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Covetousness synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Covetousness. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Covetousness in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Covetousness in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Covetousness with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by covetousness?
Meanings of covetousness are لالچ - laalach, حرص - hirs and طمع - tama
Whats the definition of covetousness?
Definition of the covetousness are
- extreme greed for material wealth
- reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- an envious eagerness to possess something
What is the synonym of covetousness?
Synonym of word covetousness are jereeds, mammon, lentitude, coven, jereed, greed, laniation, voracity, greeds, desire
What are the idioms with the word covetousness?
Here are the idioms with the word covetousness in them.
- Charity gives herslef rich covetousness hoards itself poor
- Charity gives herslef rich; covetousness hoards itself poor
- Riches have made more covetous men than covetousness hath made men rich
- To avoid covetousness is to conquer a kingdom
What are the idioms related to covetousness?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word covetousness.
- A covetous man does nothing that he should till he dies
- Covetousness is generally incurable
- Lust for life
- The love of money grows as the money grows
- The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by coveting more