Proportion meanings in Urdu
Please find 6 English and definitions related to the word Proportion.
- (noun) : harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- (noun) : balance among the parts of something
- (noun) : the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
- (verb) : adjust in size relative to other things
- (verb) : give pleasant proportions to
- (noun) : the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree
Brain power improves by brain use, just as our bodily strength grows with exercise. And there is no doubt that a large proportion of the female population, from school days to late middle age, now have very complicated lives indeed.
More words related to the meanings of Proportion
More words from Urdu related to Proportion
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Proportion meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms related to the meaning of Proportion
What are the meanings of Proportion in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Proportion in Urdu are حصہ - hissah, تناسب - tanaasub and نسبت - nisbat. To understand how would you translate the word Proportion in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Proportion or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Proportion synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Proportion. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Proportion in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Proportion in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Proportion with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by proportion?
Meanings of proportion are حصہ - hissah, تناسب - tanaasub and نسبت - nisbat
Whats the definition of proportion?
Definition of the proportion are
- harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- balance among the parts of something
- the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
- adjust in size relative to other things
- give pleasant proportions to
- the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree
What is the synonym of proportion?
Synonym of word proportion are quota, homology, affiance, proportionment, piece, partage, proportioning, dividend, partitives, proportioned
What are the idioms related to proportion?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word proportion.
- A good round sum
- Bear a hand
- Fag end
- Go halves
- In on
What are the quotes with word proportion?
Here are the quotes with the word proportion in them
- Hesitation increases in relation to risk in equal proportion to age. — Ernest Hemingway
- Brain power improves by brain use, just as our bodily strength grows with exercise. And there is no doubt that a large proportion of the female population, from school days to late middle age, now have very complicated lives indeed. — A.N.Wilson
- A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. — Henry David Thoreau
- In every work of art the subject is primordial, whether the artist knows it or not. The measure of the formal qualities is only a sign of the measure of the artist's obsession with his subject the form is always in proportion to the obsession. — Alberto Giacometti