Repress meanings in Urdu
Please find 5 English and definitions related to the word Repress.
- (verb) : put down by force or intimidation
- (verb) : block the action of
- (verb) : put out of one's consciousness
- (verb) : suppress in order to conceal or hide
- (verb) : impede or hinder the natural development or self-expression of
More words related to the meanings of Repress
More words from Urdu related to Repress
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Repress meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
تعرض کرناگرفتاریارادہتسلطہیبتناموزوںبجھ جانابند کرناراہ میں روڑے ڈالناممانعیتسمجھاناآگیا د یناذاتاینٹھے خاںسبقت لے جاناپیچھا کرناجبراً تعمیل کراناماہرمسترد کرناپٹیبے بس کرنادباؤ ڈالناجبربابودیکھ بھال کرناحد سے نہ بڑھنے دیناواپس نہ کرناسنبھالناذلَّت دینابُجھا دیناٹالنامد نظرٹانگ اڑاناحوصلہ شِکنیبے وقتسادھنادھمکی دینازبردستی کرناقتل کرنابار ڈالناتوڑناممنوعحرکت کو روکنازیر کرناذائل کرنادِفاع کرناسرکرنانگہبانیتنگ بناناسختی ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Repress
What are the meanings of Repress in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Repress in Urdu are پابندی لگانا - paa bandi lagaana, روکنا - rokna and دبانا - dabaana. To understand how would you translate the word Repress in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Repress or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Repress synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Repress. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Repress in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Repress in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Repress with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by repress?
Meanings of repress are پابندی لگانا - paa bandi lagaana, روکنا - rokna and دبانا - dabaana
Whats the definition of repress?
Definition of the repress are
- put down by force or intimidation
- block the action of
- put out of one's consciousness
- suppress in order to conceal or hide
- impede or hinder the natural development or self-expression of
What is the synonym of repress?
Synonym of word repress are astrict, prevent, inhibitive, heft, overmaster, discontinuance, press on, obviate, inhibiting, forestall
What are the idioms related to repress?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word repress.
- Hold up
- Keep in
- Pin one down
- Stand in one's own light
- To gain one's own ends
What are the quotes with word repress?
Here are the quotes with the word repress in them
- The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament. — Vladimir Lenin
- Little progress can be made by merely attempting to repress what is evil. Our great hope lies in developing what is good. — Calvin Coolidge
- My hope is that the Chinese government will come to realise that it is futile to repress free speech, and that contrary to what they believe a regime's strength rests not its suppression of a plurality of opinions and ideas, but in its capacity and willingness to encourage them. — Ma Jian