Quench meanings in Urdu
Please find 6 English and definitions related to the word Quench.
- (verb) : electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
- (verb) : reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
- (verb) : satisfy (thirst)
- (verb) : suppress or crush completely
- (verb) : put out, as of fires, flames, or lights
- (verb) : cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid
More words related to the meanings of Quench
More words from Urdu related to Quench
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Quench meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
مانع ہونامشتمِل ہوناسادھنارکاوٹ بنناآسودہ کرناپکڑپڑناتوڑناپیچھے دیناخلاصہ کرناحرامبچاناگہرامزاحمت کرنازور ڈالناسرکرناغالب آ جاناہمت توڑناحفاظتذلیل کرناتنگ حصہاکڑ بازدور رکھناتسلط حاصل کرنامار لینادوش دیناروکے رکھناپیچھے پڑنامد نظرچار خانہحُکم کرنااعتدال پسندکم کرنابدنامی کرنااترنادھیما کرنہلکا کرنامنعگوارہ کرناجابرانہ حکومت کرناسرحدنچوڑنادم لگانابخیلدفع کرنامار دینامالکزبردست ہوناہیبتممانعت ...
Idioms with the word Quench in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Quench
What are the meanings of Quench in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Quench in Urdu are گھٹانا - ghataana, روکنا - rokna, دبانا - dabaana, گل کرنا - gul karna, بجھانا - bujhaana and دھیما کرنا - dhiima karna. To understand how would you translate the word Quench in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Quench or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Quench synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Quench. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Quench in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Quench in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Quench with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by quench?
Meanings of quench are گھٹانا - ghataana, روکنا - rokna, دبانا - dabaana, گل کرنا - gul karna, بجھانا - bujhaana and دھیما کرنا - dhiima karna
Whats the definition of quench?
Definition of the quench are
- electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
- reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
- satisfy (thirst)
- suppress or crush completely
- put out, as of fires, flames, or lights
- cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid
What is the synonym of quench?
Synonym of word quench are narrow, repress, quell, confine, withholding, put out, check, enforce, moderate, prohibit
What are the idioms with the word quench?
Here are the idioms with the word quench in them.
- A little stream will quench a great thirst
- Foul water will quench fire
- To cast oil into the fire is not the way to quench it
What are the idioms related to quench?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word quench.
- Quench the thirst
- Stamp out
- Hold up
- Keep in
- Pin one down
What are the quotes with word quench?
Here are the quotes with the word quench in them
- He must pull out his own eyes, and see no creature, before he can say, he sees no God He must be no man, and quench his reasonable soul, before he can say to himself, there is no God. — John Donne
- Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination do not become the slave of your model. — Vincent Van Gogh
- As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words. — William Shakespeare