Curb meanings in Urdu
Please find 7 English and definitions related to the word Curb.
- (noun) : the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess
- (verb) : lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits
- (noun) : an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
- (noun) : a horse's bit with an attached chain or strap to check the horse
- (noun) : a stock exchange in New York
- (verb) : keep to the curb
- (verb) : place restrictions on
What people fear most about tragedy is its randomness - a taxi cab jumps the curb and hits a pedestrian, a gun misfires and kills a bystander. Better to have some rational cause and effect between incident and injury. And if cause and effect aren't possible, better that there at least be some reward for all the suffering.
More words related to the meanings of Curb
More words from Urdu related to Curb
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Curb meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
رخنہنَہ ديناچھوٹی آواز پیدا کرناحبس کرنابرقرار رکھنانچوڑناقرض دار بنانااوٹشرطآخری حدبا قاعدگینظم ونسق کرناہاتھباز رکھناتسلطکَڑیتدارک کرناپالملائم کرناامتناعسَرياامداددفاع کرنابجھاناباز رکھنے کا عملشےدیوار کھڑی کرنا یاپھانس لیناہاتھ ڈالنارخصت دیناجنگلے یا احاطے کا سامانچنگالمعذوریٹھرا لینادباوروک تھمگرویدگیگھیرے میں رکھناپیٹناسربراہی کرناجی نہ چھوڑنامچلکہباڑھ لگانارخنہ ڈالنابندھیجمحکومیتمعتدل کرناپشت پناہی کرناپھیرنادم ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Curb
|Stand in one's own light||اپنا فائدہ روکنا|
|To gain one's own ends||روکنا|
|To overcome pleasure is the greatest pleasure||خواہشات کو روکنا ہی سب سے بڑی خوشی ہے|
What are the meanings of Curb in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Curb in Urdu are روک - rok, روکنا - rokna, پابندی - paa bandi, قید - qaed and سنبھالنا - sanbhaalna. To understand how would you translate the word Curb in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Curb or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Curb synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Curb. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Curb in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Curb in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Curb with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by curb?
Meanings of curb are روک - rok, روکنا - rokna, پابندی - paa bandi, قید - qaed and سنبھالنا - sanbhaalna
Whats the definition of curb?
Definition of the curb are
- the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits
- an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
- a horse's bit with an attached chain or strap to check the horse
- a stock exchange in New York
- keep to the curb
- place restrictions on
What is the synonym of curb?
Synonym of word curb are withholds, inhibitory, punctiliousness, ward, mew, cessation, assist, knock off, foreclosure, infringement
What are the idioms related to curb?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word curb.
- Take rank of
- Take the reins
- He that measures not himself is measure
- Neither can a stream stay its course nor the fleeting hour
- Rest on one's oars
What are the quotes with word curb?
Here are the quotes with the word curb in them
- But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast, for gentle ways are best, and keep aloof from sharp contentions. — Homer
- What people fear most about tragedy is its randomness - a taxi cab jumps the curb and hits a pedestrian, a gun misfires and kills a bystander. Better to have some rational cause and effect between incident and injury. And if cause and effect aren't possible, better that there at least be some reward for all the suffering. — Jeffrey Kluger
- Now I think one of the reasons why religion developed in the way that it did over the centuries was precisely to curb this murderous bent that we have as human beings. — Karen Armstrong
- All respect for the office of the presidency aside, I assumed that the obvious and unadulterated decline of freedom and constitutional sovereignty, not to mention the efforts to curb the power of judicial review, spoke for itself. — Ruth Bader Ginsburg