Melancholy meanings in Urdu
Please find 5 English and definitions related to the word Melancholy.
- (noun) : a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the kidneys or spleen and to cause sadness and melancholy
- (noun) : a feeling of thoughtful sadness
- (noun) : a constitutional tendency to be gloomy and depressed
- (adjective satellite) : grave or even gloomy in character
- (adjective satellite) : characterized by or causing or expressing sadness
There is something sinister, something quite biographical about what I do - but that part is for me. It's my personal business. I think there is a lot of romance, melancholy. There's a sadness to it, but there's romance in sadness. I suppose I am a very melancholy person.
More words related to the meanings of Melancholy
More words from Urdu related to Melancholy
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Melancholy meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
ماتمسستیخبطسوزحماقتپرملالبے قرارلین دین کرنارنجیدہافسوس کرنابدحواسیوہمیناسازجنستنک مزاجٹھٹھرا ہوااداس ہونااندوہ ناکاندیشہمُعاملہمحزنبودگائیآفتمردہغمناکحالت دیوانگیآزار رسیدہلق و دقسرسامسنسانآزردگیدرد ناکہائےغمگینیبوکھلاہٹگاؤدیپشیمان ہوناعلاقہکسبکوفتدل گیر رہنااندوہمجہولیپاگل پنناراضمالیخولیااندوہ گینڈراؤنابازار کاریتاش کے پتتے بانٹنا ...
Idioms related to the meaning of Melancholy
What are the meanings of Melancholy in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Melancholy in Urdu are سودا - sauda, دل گیر - dil giir, افسوس - afsos, افسردہ - afsurdah, پژ مردگی - paz murdagi, ملول - maluul, حزین - haziin and ملال - malaal. To understand how would you translate the word Melancholy in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Melancholy or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Melancholy synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Melancholy. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Melancholy in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Melancholy in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Melancholy with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by melancholy?
Meanings of melancholy are سودا - sauda, دل گیر - dil giir, افسوس - afsos, افسردہ - afsurdah, پژ مردگی - paz murdagi, ملول - maluul, حزین - haziin and ملال - malaal
Whats the definition of melancholy?
Definition of the melancholy are
- a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the kidneys or spleen and to cause sadness and melancholy
- a feeling of thoughtful sadness
- a constitutional tendency to be gloomy and depressed
- grave or even gloomy in character
- characterized by or causing or expressing sadness
What is the synonym of melancholy?
Synonym of word melancholy are lunacy, dismal, marketing, sadness, woebegone, idiocy, disconsolate, mania, ruth, unblessed
What are the idioms related to melancholy?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word melancholy.
- Every wrong is avenged on earth
- Make every bargain clear and plain that none may afterwards complain
- Make every bargain clear and plain; that none may afterwards complain
- To be beloved is above all bargains
- Do not be in a hurry to tie what you cannot untie
What are the quotes with word melancholy?
Here are the quotes with the word melancholy in them
- A comfortable old age is the reward of a well-spent youth. Instead of its bringing sad and melancholy prospects of decay, it would give us hopes of eternal youth in a better world. — Maurice Chevalier
- Do not make best friends with a melancholy sad soul. They always are heavily loaded, and you must bear half. — Francois Fenelon
- There is something sinister, something quite biographical about what I do - but that part is for me. It's my personal business. I think there is a lot of romance, melancholy. There's a sadness to it, but there's romance in sadness. I suppose I am a very melancholy person. — Alexander McQueen
- All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves we must die to one life before we can enter another. — Anatole France