Sorrow meanings in Urdu
Please find 5 English and definitions related to the word Sorrow.
- (noun) : something that causes great unhappiness
- (noun) : sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
- (noun) : the state of being sad
- (verb) : feel grief
- (noun) : an emotion of great sadness associated with loss or bereavement
Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence.
There is no harm in patience, and no profit in lamentation. Death is easier to bear (than) that which precedes it, and more severe than that which comes after it. Remember the death of the Apostle of God, and your sorrow will be lessened.
More words related to the meanings of Sorrow
More words from Urdu related to Sorrow
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word Sorrow meanings in Urdu in Urdu.
Idioms with the word Sorrow in it
Idioms related to the meaning of Sorrow
What are the meanings of Sorrow in Urdu?
Meanings of the word Sorrow in Urdu are افسوس - afsos, سوگ - sog, درد - dard, ہراس - hiraas, اندوہ - andoh, غم - gham, رنج - ranj, قلق - qalaq, حزن - huzn and تاسف - taassuf. To understand how would you translate the word Sorrow in Urdu, you can take help from words closely related to Sorrow or it’s Urdu translations. Some of these words can also be considered Sorrow synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word Sorrow. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use Sorrow in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say Sorrow in Urdu as possible so you could understand its correct English to Urdu translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of Sorrow with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by sorrow?
Meanings of sorrow are افسوس - afsos, سوگ - sog, درد - dard, ہراس - hiraas, اندوہ - andoh, غم - gham, رنج - ranj, قلق - qalaq, حزن - huzn and تاسف - taassuf
Whats the definition of sorrow?
Definition of the sorrow are
- something that causes great unhappiness
- sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
- the state of being sad
- feel grief
- an emotion of great sadness associated with loss or bereavement
What is the synonym of sorrow?
Synonym of word sorrow are agrief, grief, vexation, degrades, anxiety, concern, chagrin, gird, sorryish, sorrance
What are the idioms with the word sorrow?
Here are the idioms with the word sorrow in them.
- A sorrow is an itching place which is made wrose by scratching
- A sorrow shared is but half a trouble but a joy that's shared is a joy made double
- If people take no care for the future they will soon have to sorrow for the present
- It is a sweet sorrow to bury an outrageous wife
- No one mortal is there whom sorrow and disease touch not
What are the idioms related to sorrow?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word sorrow.
- A shooting pain
- Grief is the canker of the heart
- Do not be in a hurry to tie what you cannot untie
- It is folly to fret grief's no comfort
- It is folly to fret; grief's no comfort
What are the quotes with word sorrow?
Here are the quotes with the word sorrow in them
- Remember, the burden of sorrow is doubled when it is borne alone. — Goran Persson
- Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence. — David Hume
- There is no harm in patience, and no profit in lamentation. Death is easier to bear (than) that which precedes it, and more severe than that which comes after it. Remember the death of the Apostle of God, and your sorrow will be lessened. — Abu Bakr
- He that raises a large family does, indeed, while he lives to observe them, stand a broader mark for sorrow but then he stands a broader mark for pleasure too. — Benjamin Franklin