jizyah - جزیہ meanings in English
jizyah - جزیہ Definitions
Please find 10 English and definitions related to the word jizyah - جزیہ.
- (noun) : a tax levied on the basis of a fixed amount per person
- (noun) : a government tax on imports or exports
- (noun) : work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons
- (noun) : the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force
- (noun) : a tax of a fixed amount per person and payable as a requirement for the right to vote
- (noun) : value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
- (noun) : the sound of a bell being struck
- (noun) : a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance)
- (verb) : ring slowly
- (verb) : charge a fee for using
More words related to the meanings of jizyah - جزیہ
More words from English related to jizyah - جزیہ
View an extensive list of words below that are related to the meanings of the word jizyah - جزیہ meanings in English in English.
actactscarjoblewdmanufacturedutyemploymentmissionprofessionundertakinguseutilityworkchorefunctionnecessityobligatoryobligationsdivine ordinanceon handincumbentincumbencyindispensablemoral obligationresponsibilitystatutesuppositionassuetudesassumpsitassuefactionsupposurechiefchairchargedesignationofficepositionpostrankdesignmentassithmentcommitmenton one's handincurrenceliabilitytrustresponsiblenessdukeshipresponsory ...
Idioms related to the meaning of jizyah - جزیہ
What are the meanings of jizyah - جزیہ in English?
Meanings of the word jizyah - جزیہ in English are capitation, duty, poll tax and toll. To understand how would you translate the word jizyah - جزیہ in English, you can take help from words closely related to jizyah - جزیہ or it’s English translations. Some of these words can also be considered jizyah - جزیہ synonyms. In case you want even more details, you can also consider checking out all of the definitions of the word jizyah - جزیہ. If there is a match we also include idioms & quotations that either use this word or its translations in them or use any of the related words in English or Urdu translations. These idioms or quotations can also be taken as a literary example of how to use jizyah - جزیہ in a sentence. If you have trouble reading in Urdu we have also provided these meanings in Roman Urdu.
We have tried our level best to provide you as much detail on how to say jizyah - جزیہ in English as possible so you could understand its correct Urdu to English translation. We encourage everyone to contribute in adding more meanings to MeaningIn Dictionary by adding English to Urdu translations, Urdu to Roman Urdu transliterations and Urdu to English Translations. This will improve our English to Urdu Dictionary, Urdu to English dictionary, English to Urdu Idioms translation and Urdu to English Idioms translations. Although we have added all of the meanings of jizyah - جزیہ with utmost care but there could be human errors in the translation. So if you encounter any problem in our translation service please feel free to correct it at the spot. All you have to do is to click here and submit your correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you mean by جزیہ?
Meanings of جزیہ are capitation, duty, poll tax and toll
Whats the definition of جزیہ?
Definition of the جزیہ are
- a tax levied on the basis of a fixed amount per person
- a government tax on imports or exports
- work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons
- the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force
- a tax of a fixed amount per person and payable as a requirement for the right to vote
- value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
- the sound of a bell being struck
- a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance)
- ring slowly
- charge a fee for using
What is the synonym of جزیہ?
Synonym of word جزیہ are جزیہ, کار, فرض, عہدہ, ذمہ داری, محصول, حاصل, خدمت, فریضہ, وظیفہ
What are the idioms related to جزیہ?
Here are the idioms that are related to the word جزیہ.
- Let the most difficult duty be your most sacred duty
- To take in the toll
- A man is god to his brother man if he but knew his duty
- Do not deviate from the path of duty
- No part of life can be free from duty